At Bee Amazed Pte Ltd (aka Bee Amazed Garden) , accessible from www.beeamazed.com.sg, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our customers & visitors.
For privacy matters, please contact DPO by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which BEE AMAZED PTE LTD (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to haveaccess.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we maycollect from you include your name and identification information such as your personal Identification Number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employmentinformation and related info for processing credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank accountinformation.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
CONSENT – COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorisedrepresentative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
(g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way,for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the natureand scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writingwithin thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filtersto secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order toensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there arechanges to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves thepurpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or businesspurposes.
20. In all our event / activities related personal data are deleted 1 year after event. During this period, we only use the personal data for reference of personal data for any administrative, billing, invoicing, information or future programs related matter.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
21. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so under business process requirements, we will make all effort to ensure safe transfer and keeping. In unique situation, we may have to obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
22. Data portability – we will adhere to the Singapore PDPA guidance on the personal data portability where and when feasible.
23. Data portability is only available in WORD format or CSV format .
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
24. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
DPO : Calvin Tan
BEE AMAZED PTE LTD
Email : email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
25. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
26. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
WEBSITE PURCHASE, LOG FILES & COOKIES
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
Bee Amazed website follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, Bee Amazed uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that Bee Amazed has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
GDPR Data Protection Rights (when applicable)
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
Lawful, fair and transparent processing.
We process personal data for a a legitimate purpose and fair. We take responsibility not to process data for any purpose other than the legitimate purposes ( ie according to what the individual had signed up, registered or purchased).
Limitation of purpose, data and storage.
We limit the personal data processing, collect only that personal data which is necessary, and only keep personal data for legitimate purpose, on limited time once the processing purpose is completed. Personal data would be deleted once the legitimate purpose for which it was collected is fulfilled
Data subject rights.
We honour the data subject rights to ask for correction, object to processing, lodge a complaint, or even ask for the deletion or transfer of his or her personal data.
We only get the customer’s consent for the registration or purchase that allow us to process personal data for the legitimate purpose for which that data was collected. We have an explicit consent from the data subject. Once collected, this consent will be on record, and the data subject is allowed to withdraw his consent at any moment. As for the processing of children’s data – the parent or guardian has to give explicit consent of the parents (or guardian) if the child’s age is under 16.
Personal data breaches.
We do maintain a Personal Data Breach Register and, based on severity, the regulator and data subject should be informed within 72 hours of identifying the breach.
Privacy by Design.
We have an organisational and technical mechanisms to protect personal data in the design of new systems and processes; that is, privacy and protection aspects by default.
Data Protection Impact Assessment.
We have a Data Protection Impact Assessment in our corporate business process in line with our personal protection policy. We also practice Data Protection Impact Assessment procedure for any changes or new business processes, product or services.
Data transfers. We as the, the controller of personal data is accountability to ensure that personal data is protected and GDPR requirements respected, even if we have to share any personal data with 3rd parties data intermediaries ( or data processors ) for the purpose of fulfilling the desired service obligations.
Data Protection Officer. The DPO is responsible for the data protection practice policy of the company. And the DPO is to advise the company of compliance with EU GDPR requirements and its evolving changes from time to time.
DPO : Calvin Tan
BEE AMAZED PTE LTD
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Awareness and training. We have systematically created awareness among our employees about key GDPR requirements, and conduct regular trainings to ensure that employees remain aware of their responsibilities with regard to the protection of personal data and identification of personal data breaches as soon as possible.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS (where applicable under GDPR)
1) Right to information. The customer or the data subject has the ability to ask us for information about their personal data processing and the rationale for such processing.
2) Right to access. The customer or data subject has the right and ability to get access to his or her personal data that is being processed. This request provides the right for data subjects to see or view their own personal data, as well as to request copies of the personal data.
3) Right to rectification. The customer or data subject has the right and ability to ask for modifications to his or her personal data in case the data subject believes that this personal data is not up to date or accurate.
4) Right to withdraw consent. The customer or data subject has the right and ability to withdraw a previously given consent for processing of their personal data for a purpose. The request would then require the company to stop the processing of the personal data that was based on the consent provided earlier.
5) Right to object. The customer or data subject has the right and ability to object to the processing of their personal data. Normally, this would be the same as the right to withdraw consent, if consent was appropriately requested and no processing other than legitimate purposes is being conducted. This is in scenario when a customer asks that his or her personal data should not be processed for certain purposes while a legal dispute is ongoing in court.
6) Right to object to automated processing. The customer or data subject has the ability to object to a decision based on automated processing. Using this right, a customer may ask for his or her request (for instance, a loan request) to be reviewed manually, because he or she believes that automated processing of his or her loan may not consider the unique situation of the customer.
7) Right to be forgotten. The customer or data subject has the right to erasure, this right provides the data subject with the ability to ask for the deletion of their data. This will generally apply to situations where a customer relationship has ended. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right, and depends on your retention schedule and retention period in line with other applicable laws.
8) Right for data portability. The customer or data subject has the ability to ask for transfer of his or her personal data. As part of such request, the data subject may ask for his or her personal data to be provided back (to him or her) or transferred to another controller. When doing so, the personal data must be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format like CSV format.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (as above contacts given).
CAUTION – Children’s Information
We do collect children information in our student courses in our website as in a typical registration course process.
However, in some situation – we are not able to ascertain a child user online.
We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their children online activity.
Bee Amazed does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Updated – Feb 2021